Well, good news: not only did we arrive in Thailand safe and sound, but we survived our first day! We spent the day getting settled, going through a quick orientation and hanging out with the staff and LWC team.
I’ll write more later about what we’ve seen so far, but for now here are a few things I’m loving…
- The house we are renting (with two other staff members) comes with a dog. Her name is Dog-Dog.
- There are banana trees across the street, and a banana farm at the end of the road.
- I brought a little temperature gauge and have found it obsolete. It’s 8:30 pm and still beyond the max reading of 84 degrees.
- I unpacked completely and am hoping the preemptive nesting will help combat any impending homesickness.
- As I unpacked, I realized I packed all the wrong things. If anyone is jealous of our consumption of Thai food, don’t be; we haven’t figured out how to get vegetarian food yet.
- When we came home this evening there was a 3″ frog relaxing in Dog-Dog’s water bowl. She didn’t mind; even the dogs have to work to stay hydrated.
More to come as we explore this weekend!