Updates and things
Oh gosh… Um, hi there. I feel like you’ve dropped in on me with a messy home and no advanced warning. I’ve definitely been meaning to tidy up [the blog] for quite some time. Not to mention our header says we’re in Slovakia and our photo marks our visit to Jordan; I guess a photo of us working at separate desks in separate offices is a little less enthralling so those will have to stay for now.
I have so many updates since my last post SIX!! months ago I don’t even know where to begin.
- If you for some reason weren’t aware, we’re still living in Berkeley, and yes, it does still feel weird to live in the US.
- One of my videos was featured here. Scroll down to day 25.
- We fostered a cat. To call the experience a disaster doesn’t even scratch the surface. Maybe more on that in a future post.
- For lent this year I gave up sweets (read: dried fruits (extra-read: dried mango- I ate the stuff like it was my job)) and watching tv through the week. I feel much more productive, healthy and focused, which is a great thing because I’m doing a half marathon in honor of Kristen’s birthday.
- We have finally found and settled into a great church. We’re the white couple, and we’re cool with that.
- We’ve gone to a handful of pretty great shows/concerts. Sufjan’s Christmas tour pretty much blew my mind.
- Although most of the necessities of an apartment have been met (dining table, sofa, trashcan…), it’s still a little hard to buy material things.
Oddly, I guess that about sums up the last six months. Our lives are clearly less exciting now that we are stateside, but we are living it up nonetheless.
I think many of you know, but my grandma passed away in January. This world has been a little less happy of a place since that day. It breaks my heart to write this post knowing she won’t read it. She was my biggest fan.